Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

As the Rhetoric Begins to Swell!

I really dislike the time of year when the political masterminds begin their barrage on the minds of the American People.

Oh the endless wave of rhetoric, positioning, back patting, baby kissing, flesh pressing and hand shaking. It's tiring to me....but I understand it's importance.

I have grown calloused to the promises of "A New Deal" or "Change we can believe in". "Read my lips, no more taxes".....read my lips....how about telling the truth and doing what you say you are going to do! Now THAT would be change I can believe in.

Then there is the endless debate among the potential voters over which political party does more for the people. Is it the Democrats, the Republicans, the Libertarians, or is it perhaps the new kid on the block known as the Tea party Movement?

 What I would really like to see is a politician who is real. Someone who understands that the right kind of government comes from the people to the leaders, not from the leaders to the people. Someone who understands that more government is not necessarily better government and that it, in my opinion, gets in the way of the achievement of the American Dream.

It has been quite a while since our nations leaders have said something that we could all believe in. Something that we could all take pride in.  Something that inspired us to believe in bigger and better things.

Do I expect politicians to be perfect? Heck no! They are humans after all, and humans are fallen and flawed. I do however expect them to realize the critical importance to the roles they play and the people they are responsible to.

This I understand, it is never going to change. I fear it will always be this way, or worse....unless "We the people" do something about it!

It is imperative that we pay attention to the politics on all fronts. From whatever sleepy little town we live in to the national scene. It all matters.

We need to look past the rhetoric and look at the history of the politician in question to see how they have voted in times passed on areas we think are a concern. And for the sake of our nation, stop voting for someone just because they are pro-life, or not voting for them because of the opposite.

If we want to see change, we need to get out and vote for the ones who can make that change. If we don't, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

It is up to us...."We The People"!



Photo source: Wikimedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment